The objectives of the EATSA Conference 2019 are:
- To provide an open forum for research and education in the field of tourism, hospitality and recreation in Asia and Europe.
- Promote the dialogue among scholars of all scientific disciplines engaged in the tourism studies, in order to move from the current multi-disciplinary approach to a more integrated and trans-disciplinary approach.
- Encourage the exchange of research results, practical experience, sharing new ideas and research projects, and developing research networks among members and their institutions.
- Promote a more intensive cooperation between European and Asian scholars in the fields of Tourism, Hospitality and Recreation.
- Foster more close connections between tourism academia and tourism industry.
- To explore and discuss new perspectives on tourism and regional development in order to promote new methodological and empirical approaches.